Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, Stantec‘s experts lead their fields and guide their work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. They draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. They are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to their clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
They are currently seeking an enthusiastic environmental professional looking to advance their career as an Environmental Project Manager within their growing Site Investigation and Remediation (SIR) team. The preferred candidate will have experience managing environmental site assessment, remediation, and risk assessment and management projects in northern environments. Project work will include upstream oil and gas and/or federal projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed scopes of work and cost estimates to execute Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), contaminated site investigations (i.e., Phase II ESAs, Phase III ESAs), Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plans, Regulatory Monitoring and Reporting, and Remedial Options Analysis.
- Coordinate and manage sub-contractors, as required, to execute scopes of work.
- Monitor project scope of work progression, project spend, and project schedule.
- As required, conduct and/or lead field work on complex projects and mentor field staff on field execution.
- Liaise with field staff and technical discipline leaders during project execution.
- Analyze and interpret project data and prepare technical reports that meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintain positive client relationships and communicate project status on a routine basis.
- Maintain and update client tracking systems (e.g., Siteview), as required.
- Participate in marketing and business development activities and initiatives, contribute to proposal preparation in collaboration with other Stantec disciplines.
- Interface with other Stantec departments and promote SIR services.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other project managers to properly resource projects.
- Participate and/or lead regular project meetings.
- Take safety seriously, create and lead a positive safety culture on all projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Knowledge of project management as related to environmental investigations and remediation.
- Strong understanding of upstream oil and gas remediation and reclamation process.
- Understanding of the Federal Contaminated Sites Action Plan process.
- Understanding of Provincial, Territorial, and Federal Environmental Quality Guidelines.
- Preferably familiarity and/or experience with the regulatory authorities within the Northwest Territories and Nunavut (i.e., MVLWB, SLWB, ILA, NWB).
- Preferably experience with site investigation and remediation techniques in permafrost environments.
- Preferably familiarity with investigation and remediation methods for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- Strong technical aptitude and technical writing ability.
- Ability to manage people while overseeing project.
- Ability to work well and self-motivate in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to mentor and supervise junior staff.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (able to communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically.
- Ability to prioritize work and make responsible decisions that can be defended.
- Travel may be required for the purpose of overseeing field crews, participating in off-site meetings, or training.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or Hydrogeology.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience delivering technical site investigation and remediation solutions on projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety policies and procedures.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations: Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Alberta-Medicine Hat, Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife, Canada-Alberta-Fort McMurray, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Alberta, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Work Locations: Lethbridge, AB
Organization: BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: 17 January 2024
Req ID: 2400006S
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. They prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans