3v Geomatics (3vG) is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, BC. 3vG uses remotely sensed radar data to detect and measure changes on the Earth’s surface. Using mainly in-house software and processing algorithms, 3vG monitors infrastructure and ground displacement with high precision and reliability. They strive to use their products to make a positive impact on people around the world.
Their applications are diverse and include monitoring landslides, mining activity, pipeline integrity, and permafrost degradation. Using satellite data, they are able to measure millimeter-scale displacement from the thermal expansion of bridges, sinking dykes, and uplifting oil reservoirs. They are constantly updating and refining their image processing tools, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG places an emphasis on processing precision, speed and having a robust technical solution to extract the most relevant information from every dataset.
They need the best people to implement and improve their technology. Each of their applications have unique issues and require all of their staff to have strong problem-solving skills.
They are looking for an individual with good fundamentals required for InSAR analysis, including experience with processing methods, advanced algorithms, and applications. Strong communication skills are also an important asset, as the role includes client-facing support, proposal writing, and project management. Their day-to-day tasks involve delivering timely information to their clients and to help drive forward business relationships.
InSAR Specialists have the following responsibilities:
- Process and analyze InSAR datasets for diverse monitoring projects
- Provide support to clients remotely and in-person
- Support business development through proposals, preparing demonstrations and meeting with clients
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in math, Earth sciences, computer science, physics or engineering. InSAR processing experience is an excellent asset but not essential. Successful candidates will join a focused technical team and will have most of the following skills:
- Experience processing and analyzing remotely sensed data
- Proficiency using command line interfaces, ideally Linux based
- Experience communicating with clients (written and verbal)
- Proficiency manipulating GIS data and using GIS platforms
- Experience with image processing techniques
- Experience with Python, Matlab, Linux shell scripting or similar
Language skills are considered an excellent bonus, especially native Portuguese and/or Spanish.
Salary Range: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 annually
Job Type / Category:
Full-time, permanent position.
Applicants should expect to work around one in every six weekends, for time in lieu.
Travel outside of Canada may be required up to two or three times a year.
- $55,000 – $70,000 base salary range. Annual performance bonuses.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best and develop your skills in an open and collaborative environment. The analyst’s role is expected to grow as the individual expands their capabilities. You will be expected to contribute to a strong and supportive team where constant learning is the norm.
3vG are strong advocates of a healthy and flexible working environment. Their awesome staff are welcoming, social and like to take advantage of their location.
They are centrally located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The Company environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, flexible hours, work social events, and a secure area for bike commuters. They invite you to submit your resume and a cover letter.