Tetra Tech are currently looking for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join their Yellowknife office. This is an opportunity to work with world-class engineers and scientists dedicated to working on civil and geotechnical engineering projects in arctic environments, from conceptual design to construction reporting. On occasion your expertise may be needed by their parent company Tetra Tech on some of their challenging international projects.
Some of the responsibilities you may have:
- Developing sound technical solutions to assist in the design and evaluation of challenging geotechnical applications, particularly foundations in permafrost environments
- Preparing technical letters and reports and participate in proposal development
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff members and co-op students
- Planning resources, schedules, and managing projects to be on budget and on time
- Communicating with coworkers, clients, and sub consultants
- Collecting and analyzing geotechnical and permafrost information
- Reviewing reports prepared by junior staff and preparing geotechnical evaluation reports including recommendations and site development in permafrost environments.
- Participating in design of civil earthwork structures and development of construction specifications
Qualifications that would make you a great candidate:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering with a preference for a Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant geotechnical engineering and foundation design experience.
- Relevant arctic engineering and permafrost engineering experience is preferred. Experience in geotechnical reconnaissance and site characterization is essential.
- Proven capabilities in planning and supervising geotechnical investigations and in writing reports and technical communications.
- Strong all-round academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering.
- Expertise in foundation engineering.
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage.
- Experience or aptitude for proposal writing, client development, working in a team setting to meet timelines and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Northwest Territories.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Travel will be required in this position throughout Western Canada, and candidates must be prepared to undertake field assignments possibly lasting up to three to four weeks at a time
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required but will be explained during the recruitment process if they are necessary. As this position may be serving clients that have vaccination requirements for site access, they may be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
- Organization: 704 EBA
- Requisition #70400001847