Tetra Tech Canada Inc. has openings for an Intermediate and/or Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Whitehorse, YT. This is your opportunity to work and grow your career with world-class engineers and scientists dedicated to working on geotechnical engineering projects in arctic environments, from conceptual design to construction reporting.
- Perform geotechnical investigation.
- Design, and construction supervision for projects associated with municipal underground utilities, highway and airport transportation, mine suite development and building foundations.
- Direct involvement with exciting new and existing projects in Canada’s northern territories, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut.
- Collect and analyze geotechnical and permafrost data, design and develop specifications for earthworks structures and cost estimates, mentor junior staff, and communicate with clients and subconsultants.
- Travel will be required in this position, and candidates must be prepared to undertake short-term field assignments.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Mining Engineering.
- 5-15 years or more of industry or consulting engineering experience.
- The ability to establish and maintain solid client relationships.
- Must be or eligible to register as a professional engineer in the Yukon, be legally entitled to work in Canada, and possess a valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent).
- Willingness to travel to remote project sites for extended periods of time.
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment at a project management level.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven experience using AutoCAD, GeoStudio 2007 Products and MS Office is essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
What makes Tetra Tech a great place to work:
- Benefits starting day one of employment. Competitive base salary.
- Eligible for overtime (calculated at 1.5 times) that can be banked or paid out, whatever you prefer. Some of their employees work a lot of hours during the busy times and then take extended time off.
- Hybrid work options when you are not in the field. We’ll provide the technology for you to work remotely.
- Tetra Tech employs industry leading technical specialists across all environmental disciplines which promotes a strong mentorship environment and opportunity for technical growth.
- Tetra Tech supports life-long learning and provides an annual allowance for educational opportunities.
- You will be working with an amazing, very supportive team that takes a great amount of pride in their reputation and the phenomenal customer service they are known for.
- Tetra Tech is a global company with over 27,000 employees worldwide. By joining this team, you have access to this network of professionals, experience, opportunities and corporate benefits (eg corporate discounts, stock purchase plan).
- Opportunity for advancement within their environmental group and within Tetra Tech globally.
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required but will be explained during the recruitment process if they are necessary. As this position may be serving clients that have vaccination requirements for site access, they may be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
Organization: 704 EBA
Tetra Tech offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Their compensation plan includes a competitive hourly rate and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout their history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. Tetra Tech invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit their website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects they are currently working on.
Tetra Tech thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.