The University of Alberta Geotechnical Centre is offering an International Short Course on Permafrost Engineering from April 25-29, 2022. The 40-hour course will be held in-person and online. It will provide an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in permafrost engineering and network with others who have mutual interests and goals.
Lectures will be delivered by Dr. David Sego, Dr. Kevin Biggar, Dr. Jim Oswell, Dr. Lukas Arenson, Dr. Nick Beier, Kevin Jones, and Neil Parry.
- Surface Features (Landforms) in Permafrost Areas
- Ground Ice and Ground Ice Landforms
- Ground Thermal Regime in Permafrost Areas
- Thermal Properties of Frozen and Unfrozen Soils
- Heat Flow Equations
- Site Investigation in Permafrost Areas
- Frozen Soils Mechanical Properties
- Mechanics of Thawing Ground
- Freezing of Soils and Frost Heave Theory
- Foundations in Permafrost
- Slope Stability in Permafrost
- Case Histories
Registration ends April 23, 2022.